How to Crop Images
This guides is intended to help you understand the process of converting an image from any aspect ratio to a portrait aspect ratio of 3:4. This allows the image to appear correctly on the credential.
Cropping with JPEGCrops
- Select File > Open Images.
- ... or drag photo into JPEGCrops window
3Click and drag in image window to create a 3:4 cropping box.
4Click inside the crop box and drag to reposition.
5Click Crop button to complete cropping.
- This will create your cropped image in the same folder as the opened image.
Cropping with GIMP
- Select File > Open.
- ... or drag photo into GIMP window.
3Set cropping parameters.
- Select Crop tool.
- Check "Fixed: Aspect ratio".
- Set ratio to 3:4.
4Click and drag to create crop box with correct aspect.
- Resize by clicking at edge of box and dragging.
- Move by clicking in box and dragging.
5Hit "Enter" to crop.
6Save new portrait image.
- Select File > Save As.
- Pick location and filename (should end in .jpg).
- Select "Export" and set quality to 100%.